Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

All Done with gifts and a very special Christmas present!

I am finally done with the wall hangings for my parents and brother. They are as we speak in the mail off to their destinations. So I thought I would share with you what they look like. So Mom if you are reading this STOP! or you will ruin your Christmas gift…

So before I share the picture, I want to give the details. The pictures are old family pictures given to me by one of my Grandmothers and my mother. I have the only copies ( I am pretty sure, but not totally sure). So this is what I did. I first ripped up an vintage book that was lying around. I inked and distressed them all. Then I applied them to a piece of heavy cardstock with Modge Podge. When they dried I then dry brushed over the whole cardstock with vintage white paint. After that dried I inked it with distressing ink. I then took dimensional pearl paint and just went around the edges.  I then distressed the edges and inked them with an ink pad. I will after the holidays do a step by step tutorial on the paper roses. the letters and swirls where cut with Storybook cartridge and the leaves where cut with Plantin School Book Cartridge. OK, so after my long rambling here is the final project……

018

Ok, now for the very special present I received from my daughter Shelby. When you see what it is you will know why  I haven’t posted in a while. I will give you a hint….. It is furry and cute… Ooooppppps I think I gave it away :0  Ok, ok  I will show you! But I have to warn you these pictures are full of total cuteness, and will just melt your heart.

014

017

I warned you! This is Ithaca's Royal Beauty or Ithy for short. She is a weimeraner puppy. I have a 3year old male named Remmington. I have been wanting to have a female for a long time to breed, and my daughter knew this. So she was looking all over to find me a female pup. I was totally surprised when she and my Hubby told me last Friday that we were going to pick this cutie up. When I saw her for the first time my heart just melted and I was instantly in love! She is doing really good with the house training, and she already knows the command sit! She is just a fantastic puppy:)!

Well that is it for my news for now…

I want to wish everyone a Joyous Christmas and my God bless you and your Family!