Pages

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Christmas LO for gifts

thanksgiving 004

This is the LO I am making for family gifts. All I have to do is take a family picture. This may be tough with all our schedules, but I will manage.

Anyway here is how I made this:

I glued ripped pages in a random fashion from an old book I had on to cardstock. I then dry brushed while paint all over making sure some of the texted showed through. Then I embossed the corners with sparkly embossing powder. I then added some  blue Shimmers to the rest. Using the Plantin School book cartridge I cut the leaf out with cranberry colored paper to make the poinsettia flower.  4- 4inches, 4- 3 1/2 inches, 4- 2 inches, and 4- 1 inch. I then cut 2 leaves with green cs @ 4 inches. I then inked the flower leaves with a warm red ink pad and tattered rose distressing ink. When the leaves dry get out some warm white craft paint and lightly paint  the leaves being careful not to make it too dark and covering too much of the red. After drying time stickle the edges of the leaves. For the center of the poinsettia I just squeezed a blob of stickles. Now for the leaves of the poinsettia I inked them with a dark dreen ink pad and did the warm white paint. After everything is dry I then coated the flower leaves and the actual leaves with liquid glass. Now while the liquid glass is drying you are going to go back to your layout and distress the edges and the take tattered rose distressing ink to the edges and all over. A little bit here and a little bit there. Now with the Storybook cartridge cut the swirls with gold texture cardstock and sand them. Cut your title and stickle the letters. I used my sizzix machine to cut the tag and covered it with gold metallic rub. Now when all the leaves are dry start assembling the flower. For a more dimensional look fold the leaves slightly before gluing them together. For the leaves I slightly folded and crumpled the edges. Other items used are lace, ribbon, and a button. The lace is under the swirls and the poinsettia. Sorry you can’t see it, but I just couldn’t get a good picture the shows it. The button and ribbon I put on the journaling tag.