Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Guest DT project for Paper Hoarders

Hi Beauties!
This is my last month of being a guest design team member for Paper Hoarders group. This month I had to make a Christmas tag. Here is my project:
close- up

Shabby Chic Christmas Tag
The first thing I did was cut out the tag using Tags, Bags, Boxes & More Cricut cartridge at 6 inches. I just cut the tag out of cardstock first and then out of my decorative paper. I used the Tim Holtz Kraft Resist Paper and inked it with a white ink pad then I sprayed the paper with Lindys Stamp Gang Starburst spray in Cotton Candy Pink. The snowflakes I cut out of the K& Co. Deck The Halls Silhouettes paper that I had in my stash for forever. The birdcage and bird are a Tim Holtz die cut for sizzix. I painted the birdcage with a rusty brown color paint that I mixed up first, then I painted crackle medium on it, and finally I painted white paint over top and waited for the crackling to appear. The bird I painted blue and then used waterfall stickles to make him sparkle. The mulberry flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts including the poinsettia. I used the starburst spray again and a paint brush to make the flowers two-tone. At the bottom of the tag I layered cream and white lace. The Happy Holidays was also cut with my cricut using the Jolly Holidays cartridge and cutting it at 1 inch. I also added some bling and pearls to spice it up. Just remember you don't need to use Christmas theme paper to make Christmas tags or other craft projects!  If you would like to create a Shabby Chic look to any of your projects just remember to use pastel colors, lots of lace, flowers, bling and pearls. 
Thank you Tanya for letting me be a guest Designer on Paper Hoarders! I had lots of fun creating all my projects!
I hope you all have a Happy Crafty Week!
Hugs
Patti