Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Paper Hoarders Guest Design Team Member Project

Hello Beauties,
I am so honored to be a Guest Designer for the Facebook Group Paper Hoarders! Our challenge was to use fall colors and a ruler. So I decided to make a much needed fall Welcome sign for my front door. I have been making these signs for years using door panels from old doors. They are super easy to make and fun too! They also make great gifts:) So without further ado here is my fall Welcome Sign
Here is what I did and a supply list:
First I painted the wood with watered down brown craft paint. The wood panel was raw wood and I wanted more of a stained wood look that is why I watered down the paint. When the paint dried I lightly sanded it for a more distressed vintage look. I then used metallic gold craft paint as a kinda rub. I put the paint on a paper towel and lightly rubbed it all over the wood panel. After letting it dry I took some Linen colored paint and a sponge and lightly dabbed it in random places. I did a final sanding on it and then I attached some burlap to the panel part with modge podge. I got some fall color flowers and picks from Dollar Tree and Michael's and started working on my sprays for the 2 corners. I just played with them till they looked good. I cut the letters and apples out with my Cricut using the Plantin Schoolbook Cartridge and attached them with Modge Podge to decorative paper ( not sure what paper line this paper is from). I actually raided my scrap paper bin :) I covered both sides of the paper with Modge Podge to protect it from the weather. I then used some plaid ribbon from Webster's Pages and attached it to the back of the paper with Fabri-Tac glue. On top of the plaid ribbon ( but not completly covering it) I added a tape measure ribbon ( Sold out in my store right now, but will be getting more in soon) and under the tape measure ribbon I added some tea dyed eyelet ruffle trim. I attached the apples and the bird ( from a K & Co die cut pack) with Modge Podge. Before attaching the flower sprays I used Modge Podge to seal the wood. So there you go, now you can make your own beautiful sign for your home!
Have a Happy Crafty Day!
Thank you for stopping by,
Hugs♥
Patti