Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Prevent the Flu from attacking your family.

So I got an e-mail from my mom about how to prevent the flu. I know this may sound crazy, but I think it is worth passing on to everyone to try… So this is a copy of the mail I received.

 

Interesting. What could it hurt?
In 1919 when the flu killed 40 million people there was
This Doctor that visited the many farmers to see if he
Could help them combat the flu.
Many of the farmers and their family had contracted it
And many died.
The doctor came upon this one farmer and to his surprise,
Everyone was very healthy. When the doctor asked what
The farmer was doing that was different the wife replied
That she had placed an unpeeled onion in a dish in the
Rooms of the home, (probably only two rooms back then).
The doctor couldn't believe it and asked if he could
Have one of the onions and place it under the
Microscope. She gave him one and when he did this, he
Did find the
Flu virus in the
onion. It obviously absorbed the
Bacteria, therefore, keeping the family healthy.


Now, I heard this story from my hairdresser in AZ. She
Said that several years ago many of her employees were
Coming down with the flu and so were many of her
Customers. The next year she placed several bowls with
Onions around in her shop. To her surprise, none of her
Staff got sick. It must work.. (And no, she is not in
The onion business.)
The moral of the story is, buy some onions and place them
In bowls around your home. If you work at a desk, place
One or two in your office or under your desk or even on
Top somewhere. Try it and see what happens. We did
It last year and we never got the flu.
If this helps you and your loved ones from getting sick,
All the better. If you do get the flu, it just might be
a mild
case..
Whatever, what have you to lose? Just a
Few bucks on onions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now there is a P. S. To this for I sent it
To a friend in Oregon who regularly contributes material to
Me on health issues. She replied with this most
Interesting experience about onions:
Weldon,thanks for the reminder.. I don't know about> the farmers story..but, I do know that I contacted pneumonia
And needless to say I was very ill...I came across an
Article that said to cut both ends off an onion put one end
On a fork and then place the forked end into an empty
Jar...placing the jar next to the sick patient at night. It
Said the onion would be black in the morning from the
Germs...sure enough it happened just like that...the onion
Was a mess and I began to feel better.

Another thing I read in the article was that
onions and
Garlic placed around the room saved many from the black
Plague years ago. They have powerful antibacterial,
Antiseptic properties.

I am not sure if it would work for the H1N1 flu, but what the heck, I think it is worth a try…….

Hoping you and your families stay healthy!