Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Altered Thread Spool

Hello My Friends,
I made this altered thread spool for a challenge in one of the groups I am in. The challenge was to alter something round, so I gazed around my craft studio and my eyes rested upon this large thread spool. I know that about 8 months ago altering thread spools was totally the fad in the craft world, but I am just getting around to altering mine, lol! I made my thread spool to hang from my shadow box shelf ( it has pegs at the bottom).
 













I wrapped the spool with pretty paper and then added a vintage wedding dress applique to the front with some mulberry roses.


On the top of the spool I took 2 of the fan buttons ( a Walmart find) cut the shanks off, added some ruffled lace in between with the ribbon for the hanger, and then glued the buttons together back to back. I added some mulberry roses and pearls spray around the bottom of the fan buttons for an added touch.
 

On the bottom of the spool I added the charm instead of a tassel. The charm I received in a swap and it went perfect with this lil crafty project! Of course, I added some lace to the bottom rim kinda giving it a lace skirt.
 
I just love how my thread spool turned out! It looks absolutely adorable hanging off my shelf!

Make sure you stop back on Saturday, August 20th because I am participating in a blog hop! There will be an awesome giveaway too!!!
Thanks for stopping by to visit me,
Hugs♥
Patti